2 cups sweet cream (shamenet)
1 t. salt, or to taste
½ t. white pepper
1 T. very soft butter
– Peel the kohlrabi and slice into as many thick pieces as possible. Place in a deep bowl.
– Mix the cream with salt and pepper and pour over the kohlrabi slices.
– Mix gently until all slices are coated with cream.
– Grease a medium-size flat baking pan with butter. Add kohlrabi slices and level them on the surface.
– Bake in medium oven (pre-heated) for around one hour or until the cream is almost steamed and the casserole is golden.
– Turn off oven, and leave the casserole inside for another 10 minutes, until solid.